Award in Laser & Intense Pulsed Light for Hair Growth Reduction and Skin Rejuvenation
Laser & IPL for Hair Growth Reduction and Skin Rejuvenation
Qualification Levels: CIBTAC Level 4 (MQF Level 5) – Ofqual/QAN No. 603/5444/6 and CIBTAC Level 4 (MQF Level 5) – Ofqual/QAN No. 603/5445/8
These courses can either be taken up simultaneously, or you may opt to choose to follow them separately.
The CIBTAC Award in Laser and Light Hair Removal Treatments will provide all of the skills required to enable the Candidate to achieve a high-level specialised qualification in hair removal, as well as skin rejuvenation to be utilised in the beauty industry.
Whilst working towards this qualification, the Candidate will also be provided an opportunity to develop wider skills in communication, health and safety, client care, and consultation.
Students attending this qualification will cover:
- Laser and light systems, what they are, and how to use them
- Light-tissue interactions
- Working safely in a laser and light clinic
- Anatomy and physiology
- Structure and function of the skin and hair
- Patient assessment and consultation
- Skin assessment and classification
- Taking a medical history and record-keeping
- Identifying contraindications to light-based therapies
- Pre- and post-treatment care
- Delivering safe and effective treatments of the following:
- Hair removal in various areas of the body
- Skin rejuvenation
- How to avoid and manage complications from light-based treatments
This course will give you the skills for advanced level positions in the beauty therapy industry, such as:
- Assistant Laser therapist in Malta and internationally
- The safe and professional use of Laser / IPL machines in your own salon
The course consists of the 2 modules:
- PA151: Laser and intense pulsed light treatments for hair growth reduction
- PA152: Laser and intense pulsed light treatments for skin rejuvenation
Frequently Asked Questions
8 Months (32 weeks). The Hours of Total Learning are 240.
The lessons are held at the International School of Beauty Therapy, Portobello, Galanton Vassallo Street, Santa Venera, Malta (see map)
Fully face-to-face (Theory and Practice). During COVID lockdown, theory online learning is provided
English and Maltese (depending on the applicants’ use of languages)
24 UK Credits /48 ECTS
A school-leaving certificate and a CIBTAC Certificate. You will then be able to practise as a Practitioner specialising in Hair Growth Reduction.
Applicants should be at least 18 years of age.
Applicants need to have the following pre-requisites:
- Level 2 Diploma in Beauty Therapy Facial Services
- Level 3 Certificate in Facial Electricals
- Level 3 Anatomy & Physiology
Applicants can either call the school on +356 21440424 or +356 79459032 or send an email to the Head of School on email@example.com . We will gladly set up a meeting to show you around and provide you with any information required.
This course will have ongoing assessments and assignments, and feedback is given throughout the lessons. At the end of the course, you will sit a Practical Examination and a Multiple-Choice Paper.
Questions? Get In Touch With ISBT
International School of Beauty Thereapy
Questions? Get in touch with the International School of Beauty Therapy using the links below: