Diploma in Beauty Therapy Services & Facial Electrical Treatments
Beauty Therapy & Facial Electrical Treatments
Qualification Levels: Diploma in Beauty Therapy Services [CIBTAC Level 2 (MQF Level 3)]
Ofqual/QAN No. 603/2234/2 & Certificate in Facial Electrical Treatments [CIBTAC Level 3 (MQF Level 4)] Ofqual/QAN No. 603/2047/3
These courses can either be taken up simultaneously, or you may opt to choose to follow them separately.
Learn the essential beauty treatments that will turn your clients into regulars.
The fully accredited Level 2 Diploma in Beauty Therapy Services & Level 3 Certificate in Facial Electrical Treatments is designed to train the student as a beauty therapist.
Our school qualifies the student to an industry-recognized international level, and the certificate is approved by the Confederation of International Beauty Therapy and Cosmetology (CIBTAC).
The diploma you receive will allow you to perform safe, effective, and professional facial treatments as a beauty therapist in a professional setting, including shops, salons, and spas.
The course consists of 11 modules:
- T101/8: Follow, monitor, and maintain health and safety in the salon.
- T102/9: Client care and communication in beauty-related industries.
- T103: Promote and sell products and services to Clients.
- T105: Anatomy and physiology for skin treatments.
- T110: Salon reception duties.
- P102: Provide facial electrotherapy treatments.
- P110: Provide facial skincare.
- P114: Provide waxing services.
- P115: Provide manicure and pedicure services.
- P116: Apply make-up.
- P113: Provide eyelash and eyebrow services.
Students attending this qualification will cover:
- Health and Safety.
- Client Care and Communication.
- Skin Structure and Function
- Basic Anatomy and Physiology of the Face and Neck.
- Basic Physics/Electricity.
- Structure of the Hair and Nails.
- Superficial and deep cleanse.
- Skin Analysis.
- Tinting/Eyebrow shaping.
- Facial Massage and Mask Application.
- The Use of Seven Electrical Treatments.
This course will give you the skills for entry-level positions in the beauty therapy industry, such as:
- Beauty therapist both in Malta and internationally.
- Cosmetics Consultant.
- Salon business owner.
- Salon manager.
- Cosmetic products company representative.
- Working in beauty on a cruise ship or overseas resort.
Frequently Asked Questions
9 Months (36 weeks). The Hours of Total Learning are 336.
The lessons are held at the International School of Beauty Therapy, Portobello, Galanton Vassallo Street, Santa Venera, Malta (see map)
Fully face-to-face (Theory and Practice). During COVID lockdown, theory online learning is provided.
English and Maltese (depending on the applicants’ use of languages)
40 UK Credits / 80 ECTS
A school-leaving certificate and a CIBTAC Certificate.
You will then be able to practise as a Beauty Therapist.
Applicants should be at least 16 years of age.
Applicants can either call the school on +356 21440424 or +356 79459032 or send an email to the Head of School on firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will gladly set up a meeting to show you around and provide you with any information required.
This course will have ongoing assessments and assignments, and feedback is given throughout the lessons.
At the end of the course, you will sit a Practical Examination and a Multiple-Choice Paper.
Questions? Get In Touch With ISBT
International School of Beauty Thereapy
Questions? Get in touch with the International School of Beauty Therapy using the links below: